School councils play a key role in Victorian government schools. Participating as a school council member is a rewarding and challenging experience. The school council supports the Principal to provide the best possible educational outcomes for students.
Functions of the school Council:
- Establishing the broad direction and vision of the school within the school’s community
- Participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Approving the annual budget and monitoring expenditure
- Developing, reviewing and updating school policies
- Raising funds for school-related expenses
- Maintaining the school’s grounds and buildings
- Entering into contracts
- Reporting annually to the school community and to the Department
- Creating interest in the school to the wider community
- Regulating and facilitating the afterhours use of school premises and grounds
Membership of the School Council is via an election process and comprises representatives from parent, staff and student bodies.
The current President of the Sunbury College School Council is: Mr Eric Eastaughffe